Monday 21 June 2021

Sugarcane

At school one of the students brought sugarcane to class. It was an amazing plant to see because it is very rare to grow in New Zealand because sugar cane loves to grow in warm areas, like the islands. I was glad that I had a chance to eat sugarcane because this could be my first and last time eating sugarcane. All of the students in room six sat down on the floor and got ready to eat the sugarcane.

It was my first ever time trying sugarcane in my life. As soon as I got the sugarcane I needed to peel the bark off so I could chew the inside part and that was really difficult to peel because I used my teeth but I managed to peel it off. The sugarcane tasted like sugar but in a liquored form and it wasn’t something I was expecting but it was delicious.






1 comment:

  1. Malo lelei Sau I see that you had sugar cane and fun fact did you know that 90& of the cane is juice and sugar cane is the sugar we all use to put in our food or tea. Also I love sugar cane myself because its nice a juicy and sweet and the texture is very mouth-watering.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.