Tuesday 29 June 2021

Te Oro Matariki

 Today room 6 and room 10 went to Te Oro to learn about Matariki. Both of are class walked down to Te Oro at Glen Innes. When we got at Te Oro we were introduced by a lovely lady that told us to take are shoes off before we walked in the whare. When we took are shoes we went inside the whare and sat down on the floor, we were introduced by a teacher called Mr Logan and he was really fun. Then they put us in 3 groups and I was in the second group and it was the best group. We were learning about how to make a whetu (stars) with harakeke (flax). It was hard making a whetu with the flax but I managed to finish it. Then all are groups got up at different time and said what we learnt. At the end we got in a circle and started to sing a maori song before we leave and it was fun singing with all the teachers and students. I had lots of fun going to Te Oro and thank you to Mr Logan for having room 6 and room 10 at Te Oro.


3 comments:

  1. Malo E Lelei Sau. I like how you said that My Logan was a nice man I agree with you that he is a nice man because yesterday when he was asking questions and I answered one and I got it right he threw me a lollie. I was there as well I thought I was in your group but I ended up into the other group with Mr Logan. What Was your favourite part about flaxing.?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talofa sau. I like how you put the brackets around the words so they know the english meaning of that word that's very clever. I was in group 2 and we were doing patterns and paintings it was very fun. Also thanks for giving me the necklace out of your kindness you didn't have to but keep up the amazing and fantastic work. What was the funniest bit about making a whetu?.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Talofa Sau.I like how have made a whetu and how you needed to fold the flaxs
    and make a pattens it is some times hard to make the whetu because you have to fold in and out and round and over.what is your bestest whetu you made?

    Well done

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.